Momease will provide a supervised, structured doula internship for students to become certified doulas by DONA, CAPPA, ICEA or ALACE. This internship will include required education for certification , networking with other maternal/child health professionals, clinical resources and assistance with finding opportunities to meet required certification births.
Labor Doula Internship Goal
- Internship must be completed within one year of signing the Momease Labor Doula contract
1 to 3 months
- Attend the following classes : childbirth, breastfeeding, babycare basics, and at least one elective (pregnancy massage, prenatal yoga or exercise, infant massage, etc.)
- Attend all Momease Internship Traning Workshops, please review workshop .
- Observe at least three births with an experience labor doula. Exceptions made upon review of student doula’s previous birth experience.
- Receive training to provide Prenatal Tours at George Washington University Hospital
- Attend at least one certifying birth with or without experience doula
4 to 6 months
- Attend at least two certifying birth and provide client postpartum visits.
- Schedule evaluation session with clinical supervisor after each birth.
- Complete required reading and certification requirements.
- Attend Momease Meet the Doula to meet clients and other Labor doula
7 to 12 months
- Continue to attend at least one birth monthly
- Complete final evaluation session with clinical supervisor
- Send documentation to certification organization (i.e. DONA, CAPPA, ICEA or ALACE)