- This event has passed.
Baby Care & Breastfeeding Basics Class
July 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Baby Care & Breastfeeding Basics Class – Who it’s for: This three-hour class is for expecting parents, new parents and anyone hoping to learn more about infant care. For expecting mothers and partners, we recommend this class be taken during the 2nd trimester.
Details: This three-hour class prepares parents to understand their new infant’s needs.The class includes information about:
- Procedures following the baby’s birth
- Understanding normal newborn characteristics
- Bathing, diapering, burping, holding, and swaddling
- Infant soothing techniques
- Infant safety and nursery equipment
- Latching on
- Common breastfeeding concerns and problems
- How to know when to call the pediatrician