Now offering some classes in person.
- This event has passed.
Baby Care and Breastfeeding Basics
October 13, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Room: Siegel – MWHC Cancer Center
Who it’s for:This class is for expecting parents, new parents and anyone hoping to learn more about infant care. For expecting mothers and partners, we recommend this class be taken during the 2nd trimester.Details: This three-hour class prepares parents to understand their new infant’s needs. The class includes information about:
- Procedures following the baby’s birth
- Understanding normal newborn characteristics
- Bathing, diapering, burping, holding, and swaddling
- Infant soothing techniques Infant safety and nursery equipment
- How to know when to call the pediatrician
- Learn the breastfeeding techniques for successful latch