- This event has passed.
Breastfeeding 101 for Breastfeeding Family
April 22, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Breastfeeding 101 for Breastfeeding Family –
Who it’s for: This 90-minute class is for new moms who are currently breastfeeding. We recommend this class be taken within the first 6 weeks after birth. Dad, partners and support person are welcome to attend and will benefit from learning more about breastfeeding techniques.
Details: This two-hour class will cover the most common breastfeeding topics in a fun and engaging class as the instructor offers practical tips that can be implemented right away by new breastfeeding moms. The class includes information on the following:
- Building a strong milk supply
- Additional Latching and positioning
- Overcoming common hurdles like engorgement, soreness, and plugged ducts
- Incorporating your partner into your breastfeeding routine
- Preparing to return to work as a breastfeeding mom
- Balancing pumping and breastfeeding
A list of recommended items and products to purchase for breastfeeding will also be provided.