Now offering some classes in person.
- This event has passed.
Fri-Sat Weekend Childbirth
August 7, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Weekend Childbirth Express Class – Online registration for this event.Who it’s for: Expectant parents and partners (that includes whoever will be a support person at the birth of your baby). The focus is on vaginal delivery. Details: This Lamaze format class meets on either Friday night from 6:30 to 9:30 pm and on Saturday from 9:00 to 5:00 pm (Fri and Sat Weekend Class) – or – on Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (Sat and Sun Weekend Class). Course topics include:
- Pregnancy changes before and during labor
- Laboring at home when in Early Labor
- Practicing Comfort measures: how to cope with contractions through breathing and relaxation
- Practicing various birth and pushing techniques
- Routine hospital procedures for most DC Area Hospitals
- Discussing various Medical pain relief: epidurals and narcotics
- Review Cesareans Procedures in most hospitals
- How to recover during the postpartum period
- Also 6-month access to online new parent portal and Facebook group.
- Will provide realistic expectations and examples to work with hospital staff