This class was extremely useful to us as first-time parents. In particular, it put my husband more at ease in feeling comfortable with day-to-day activities like diapering and swaddling. We got a much better sense of how to incorporate my husband into how he can he useful and bond with the baby in the first Continue Reading
Weekend Childbirth Express Class – Online registration for this event.
Who it’s for
: Expectant parents and partners (that includes whoever will be a support person at the birth of your baby). The focus is on vaginal delivery.
This Lamaze format class meets on either Friday night from 6:30 to 9:30 pm and on Saturday from 9:00 to 5:00 pm (Fri and Sat Weekend Class) – or – on Saturday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm (Sat and Sun Weekend Class).
Course topics include
- Pregnancy changes before and during labor
- Laboring at home when in Early Labor
- Practicing Comfort measures: how to cope with contractions through breathing and relaxation
- Practicing various birth and pushing techniques
- Routine hospital procedures for most DC Area Hospitals
- Discussing various Medical pain relief: epidurals and narcotics
- Review Cesareans Procedures in most hospitals
- How to recover during the postpartum period
- Also 6-month access to online new parent portal and Facebook group.
- Will provide realistic expectations and examples to work with hospital staff
Your partner is taught how to comfort you to make your labor easier.
- You will need two pillows and a blanket to use for practicing the coping techniques on Saturday.
- You will also need two long scarves to practice comfort measures!
- A virtual tour of Georgetown University Hospital will be included
The fee is $225 per couple.
As a fourth-time mom I chose two have the experience of getting advice from lactation consultant. There was plenty of time for my questions and concerns to be answered. I saw a dramatic change in my life where I no longer was anxious and storing them for my baby for a have been advised but wonderful team provided by the breastfeeding Center.
This class was extremely useful to us as first-time parents. In particular, it put my husband more at ease in feeling comfortable with day-to-day activities like diapering and swaddling. We got a much better sense of how to incorporate my husband into how he can he useful and bond with the baby in the first few weeks. My only criticism is that it could have been an hour longer -- we got a ton of information, and I think unpacking it a little bit more might be helpful.
My wife and I both enjoyed the birthing class we attended. The instructor was friend friendly and knowledgeable and helped ease our minds since we had so many questions as first time parents to be. The class we attended only had two other couples so it was nice and intimate and we got all the attention we needed. We got great tips and advice, even though during the birth a lot of the information you learn goes right out the window, I did practice a lot of what we had been taught
Outstanding class and instructor--Carolyn was super informative and made sure everyone left with not just their questions answered, but feeling infinitely more confident. Thank you!