Now offering some classes in person.
- This event has passed.
Single Mom Childbirth and Baby Care Basic Class
June 10, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thursday Date: 7/11/2019 – 7/25/2019
- Who it’s for: Single Moms or women whose partner is not available for birth, our “Solo Moms”. This class is not for couples. But, Moms may bring whoever will be a support person at the birth of their baby.
- Details: This three-week course is to help single mom or “solo” moms enter into motherhood with confidence. Course topics include:
- 1st Week – Childbirth Class Pregnancy changes before and during labor and, Laboring at home when in Early Labor Routine hospital procedures for most DC Area Hospitals Discussing various Medical pain relief options: epidurals and narcotics Review Cesarean Procedures in most hospitals
- 2nd Week – Comfort Measures and Relaxation Techniques Practicing Comfort measures: how to cope with contractions through breathing and relaxation Practicing various birth and pushing techniques How to recover during the postpartum period Mom’s support person should attend to become familiar with comfort measures.
- 3rd Week – Baby Care and Breastfeeding Basics Procedures following the baby’s birth Understanding normal newborn characteristics Bathing, diapering, burping, holding, and swaddling Learn breastfeeding techniques for successful latching