- This event has passed.
Single Mom Childbirth & Baby Care Class
May 14, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Thursday Date: 7/11/2019 – 7/25/2019
- Time: Thursdays from 6:30-9:30 pm
- Who it’s for: Single Moms or women whose partner is not available for birth, our “Solo Moms”. This class is not for couples. But, Moms may bring whoever will be a support person at the birth of their baby.
- Details: This three-week course is to help single mom or “solo” moms enter into motherhood with confidence. Course topics include:
- 1st Week – Childbirth Class
- 2nd Week – Comfort Measures and Relaxation Techniques
- 3rd Week – Baby Care and Breastfeeding Basics
Pregnancy changes before and during labor and, Laboring at home when in Early Labor
Routine hospital procedures for most DC Area Hospitals
Discussing various Medical pain relief options: epidurals and narcotics
Review Cesarean Procedures in most hospitals
Practicing Comfort measures: how to cope with contractions through breathing and relaxation
Practicing various birth and pushing techniques
How to recover during the postpartum period
Mom’s support person should attend to become familiar with comfort measures.
Procedures following the baby’s birth
Understanding normal newborn characteristics
Bathing, diapering, burping, holding, and swaddling
Learn breastfeeding techniques for successful latching
Fee: $170 for each Mom.