- This event has passed.
Weekend Childbirth Express Class
June 10, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekend Childbirth Express Class – Online registration for this event.
Who it’s for: Expectant parents and partners (that includes whoever will be a support person at the birth of your baby). Focus on vaginal delivery.
Details: This Lamaze format class meets on either Friday night from 6:30 to 9:30 pm and on Saturday from 9 to 5pm ( Fri and Sat Weekend Class) or on Saturday from 9am to 5pm and Sunday from 9am to 1pm (Sat and Sun Weekend Class) . Course topics include:
- Pregnancy changes before and during labor
- Laboring at home when in Early Labor
- Practicing Comfort measures: how to cope with contractions through breathing and relaxation
- Practicing various birth and pushing techniques
- Routine hospital procedures for most DC Area Hospitals
- Discussing various Medical pain relief: epidurals and narcotics
- Review Cesareans Procedures in most hospitals
- How to recover during the postpartum period
- Also 6 month access to online new parent portal and Facebook group.
- Will provide realistic expectations and examples to work with hospital staff
Please remember to bring two pillows and a blanket to class to use for practicing the coping techniques on Saturday.
Fee is $200 per couple