- This event has passed.
Weekend Childbirth Express Class
June 8, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Who it’s for: Expectant parents and partners (that includes whoever will be a support person at the birth of your baby). Focus on vaginal delivery.
Details: This Lamaze format class meets on either Friday night from 6:30 to 9:30 pm and on Saturday from 9 to 5pm ( Fri and Sat Weekend Class) or on Saturday from 9am to 5pm and Sunday from 9am to 1pm (Sat and Sun Weekend Class) . Course topics include:
- Pregnancy changes before and during labor
- Laboring at home when in Early Labor
- Practicing Comfort measures: how to cope with contractions through breathing and relaxation
- Practicing various birth and pushing techniques
- Routine hospital procedures for most DC Area Hospitals
- Discussing various Medical pain relief: epidurals and narcotics
- Review Cesareans Procedures in most hospitals
- How to recover during the postpartum period
- Also 6 month access to online new parent portal and Facebook group.
- Will provide realistic expectations and examples to work with hospital staff
Your partner is taught how to comfort you to make your labor easier.
Please remember to bring two pillows and a blanket to class to use for practicing the coping techniques on Saturday.
Fee is $200 per couple