Doula in Washington, DC
Meet the Doulas
We are hosting this informational session for you to learn more about our doula team. You will get to hear each of our doulas speak about their experience with childbirth and answer any questions you may have.
Sign up today to decide which doula in Washington, DC, is right for you.
NEW LABOR VIRTUAL DOULA SERVICES
Momease Pre-Natal Conference Call
- In the first Prenatal Visit the Labor Doula speaks with the mother-to-be (Client) and her husband/partner before birth to take a medical history. She will discuss birth preferences and priorities, and fears and concerns. The goal of the Conference Call is to develop a birth plan that is best for the mother and baby.
- After the first visit the Labor Doula may provide additional prenatal visits by phone or in person. In follow-up visits she will discuss the status of the pregnancy, assess the birth plan, and review comfort measures.
Momease Conference Call Fee: $55 per hour
Momease Labor Doula-on-Demand:Prenatal, Labor & Delivery, and Post-partum –
- The Prenatal Visit – During the first Prenatal Visit the Labor Doula meets with the mother-to-be (Client) and her husband/partner once before birth to take a medical history. She will discuss birth preferences and priorities, and fears and concerns. The goal of the doula is to assist in the development of a birth plan. The focus is on getting Mom to the hospital during active labor. After the first visit, the Labor Doula will be available by phone to discuss the status of her pregnancy and reassess the birth plan. The Labor Doula may provide additional prenatal visit(s) in person or virtual.
- Labor and Delivery Services Once the Client is admitted to the hospital, the Labor Doula will connect with the mother-to-be at the hospital and will participate with the woman in labor, providing both emotional and physical support. The Labor Doula can suggest comfort measures for the mother as well as suggest ways for her partner to support her. Our doulas can also explain and discuss childbirth procedures and practices as needed. The Labor Doula will remain with the mother throughout labor and delivery. She will stay approximately one hour after the birth of the baby to provide emotional, physical, or informational support that the mother and her partner may need.
- Postpartum Visit – Within the first two weeks after birth, the Labor Doula will visit the mother and baby. The visit can be in-person, a virtual visit or a conference call. The visit will be a recap of the labor and birth, and additional resources can be provided as needed.
Doula-on-Demand Fee: $800