Meet Our Doula in Washington, DC
Meet the Doulas
Pregnancy is an exciting time, but it’s also an extremely stressful one. Many new mothers rely on friends and family for emotional support during childbirth, but others might need a more experienced professional as their helping hand. For those situations, you might want to work with a doula in Washington, DC.
At Momease, we work to make childbirth magical and help you understand the process. Whether it’s your first pregnancy or not, a steady source of advice, comfort, and connection can make all the difference in your experience. If you’d like to know more about the team behind our doula services, you can get to know them in person at a special informational session.
What You’ll Learn
A labor doula’s role is complex, involving intensive training and a rare ability to connect with mothers. When you attend our informational event, you get direct access to people who fill that role frequently. Our team can:
- Explain What They Do
- Answer Questions
- Tell You about Momease
- Articulate Their Own Childbirth Experiences
Once you have the information you need to make the right choice for your pregnancy, you’ll be better prepared if you decide to seek help from a doula. Sign up below for one of our available dates.
NEW LABOR VIRTUAL DOULA SERVICES
Momease Pre-Natal Conference Call
- In the first Prenatal visit, the Labor Doula speaks with the mother-to-be (Client) and her husband/partner before birth to take a medical history. She will discuss birth preferences and priorities, and fears and concerns. The goal of the Conference Call is to develop a birth plan that is best for the mother and baby.
- After the first visit, the Labor Doula may provide additional prenatal visits by phone or in person. In follow-up visits, she will discuss the status of the pregnancy, assess the birth plan, and review comfort measures.
Momease Conference Call Fee: $55 per hour
Momease Labor Doula-on-Demand: Prenatal, Labor & Delivery, and Post-partum –
- The Prenatal Visit – During the first Prenatal Visit, the Labor Doula meets with the mother-to-be (Client) and her husband/partner once before birth to take a medical history. She will discuss birth preferences and priorities, and fears and concerns. The goal of the doula is to assist in the development of a birth plan. The focus is on getting Mom to the hospital during active labor. After the first visit, the Labor Doula will be available by phone to discuss the status of her pregnancy and reassess the birth plan. The Labor Doula may provide additional prenatal visit(s) in person or virtual.
- Labor and Delivery Services Once the Client is admitted to the hospital, the Labor Doula will connect with the mother-to-be at the hospital and will participate with the woman in labor, providing both emotional and physical support. The Labor Doula can suggest comfort measures for the mother as well as suggest ways for her partner to support her. Our doulas can also explain and discuss childbirth procedures and practices as needed. The Labor Doula will remain with the mother throughout labor and delivery. She will stay approximately one hour after the birth of the baby to provide emotional, physical, or informational support that the mother and her partner may need.
- Postpartum Visit – Within the first two weeks after birth, the Labor Doula will visit the mother and baby. The visit can be in-person, a virtual visit, or a conference call. The visit will be a recap of the labor and birth, and additional resources can be provided as needed.
Doula-on-Demand Fee: $800